Bahlsen is an international sweet biscuit manufacturer and one of Germany's best-known family-owned companies. Since its foundation in 1889, the name has stood for reliable, consistent and future-oriented action, well-known brands such as BAHLSEN, LEIBNIZ, PiCK UP! and RAWBITE, innovative products and profitable growth – both nationally and internationally. Bahlsen owes its continuing success to the passion of its approximately 2,700 employees. They are the heart of Bahlsen and together they face the challenges of the future: with curiosity, courage and support.
Join us asHas this whet your appetite? Then submit your application, together with your earliest starting date and all documentation, to our careers site: www.bahlsen.jobs
Group R&D Sensory Expert (m/f/d)
Your ResponsibilitiesTo ensure sensory expertise as key foundation in Innovation & product development
- Deliver sensory insight to Innovation and Renovation projects as an active member of cross-functional teams
Establish collaboration between.
- R&D and Business partners to define strategy.
- Counsel on new methodologies and approaches where necessary.
- Connect with our Insights Team and external sensory communities, Universities and suppliers to bring Sensory Science for our food category to the next level.
- Build collaborations with Universities.
- Bring sensory science digitalization and sustainability into our business
- Coach, support and develop other team members.
- Promote the use of sensory in product development and quality management and develop internal sensory awareness.
- Be responsible for approving LMIV data of articles for 1WorldSync/GS1 (4-eyes principle).
- Coordinate technical support and provide expertise to markets on sensory within the specific product category & market needs.
- Develop, communicate and implement sensory methodologies and tools specific to product category.
- Organize product specific training for colleagues working in the product category and assist to bring a consumer-centric mindset to live.
- Ensure you build sensory expertise, tools and techniques and disseminate them across the organization – you develop best practices for sensory testing.
- You are passionate about sensory and a food lover.
- You have the ability to learn new things, adapt to change and implement agile solutions.
- You have a blend of analytical, scientific and technical capabilities, plus the ability and urge to be hands on and get things done, to execute with excellence.
- You have a problem solving and solution finding mindset.
- You already have several years of in-depth experience in a comparable position.
- You have an academic background in food science, food technology or similar
- You have worked in research & development teams and you have strong networking and stakeholder management skills.
- You are confident in using specific software for sensory data gathering and/or analysis as well as in the use of consumer testing methods.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (incl. presentations).
- You are excellent in planning, organisation and project management.
- You are fluent in German and English.